Today's business environment demands Web and e-commerce applications that accelerate your entry into new markets, help you find new ways to reach and retain customers, and allow you to introduce new products and services quickly. To build and deploy these new solutions, you need a proven, reliable e-commerce platform that can connect and empower all types of users while integrating your corporate data, mainframe applications, and other enterprise applications in a powerful, flexible, end-to-end e-commerce solution. Your solution must provide the performance, scalability, and high availability needed to handle your most critical enterprise-scale computing.
As the industry-leading e-commerce transaction platform, WebLogic Server allows you to quickly develop and deploy reliable, secure, scalable and manageable applications. It manages system-level details so you can concentrate on business logic and presentation.
WebLogic Server provides essential features for developing and deploying mission-critical e-commerce applications across distributed, heterogeneous computing environments. These features include the following.
• Standards leadership—Comprehensive Enterprise Java support to ease implementation and deployment of application components. WebLogic Server is the first independently developed Java application server to achieve J2EE certification.
• Rich client options—WebLogic Server supports Web browsers and other clients that use HTTP; Java clients that use RMI (Remote Method Invocation) or IIOP (Internet Inter-ORB Protocol); and mobile devices that use (WAP) Wireless Access Protocol. Connectors from BEA and other companies enable virtually any client or legacy application to work with a WebLogic Server application.
• Flexible Web services—WebLogic Server provides a solid platform for deploying Web services as components of a heterogeneous distributed application. Web services use a cross-platform, cross-language data model (XML) to provide interoperability among application components on diverse hardware and software platforms.
o WebLogic Server 6.1 uses Web Services Description Language (WSDL) 1.1, an XML-based specification, to describe Web services. WebLogic Web Services use Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) 1.1 as the message format and HTTP as a connection protocol.
• Enterprise e-business scalability—Efficient use and high availability of critical resources are achieved through Enterprise JavaBean business components and mechanisms such as WebLogic Server clustering for dynamic Web pages, backend resource pooling, and connection sharing.
• Robust administration—WebLogic Server offers a Web-based Administration Console for configuring and monitoring WebLogic Server services. A command-line interface for configuration makes it convenient to administer WebLogic Servers with scripts.
• E-commerce-ready security—WebLogic Server provides Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) support for encrypting data transmitted across WebLogic Server, clients, and other servers. WebLogic security realms feature user authentication and authorization for all WebLogic Server services. External security stores, such as Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) servers, can be adapted to WebLogic realms, enabling single sign-on for the enterprise. The Security Service Provider Interface makes it possible to extend WebLogic Security services and to implement WebLogic Security features in applications.
• Maximum development and deployment flexibility—WebLogic Server provides tight integration with and support for leading databases, development tools, and other environments.
WebSphere Application Server offers options for a faster, more flexible Java application server runtime environment with enhanced reliability and resiliency for building and running applications, including cloud and mobile. It supports environments from single server and medium-sized configurations to large deployments requiring web tier clustering over multiple application server instances.
WebSphere Application Server helps you:
• Increase developer productivity with open standards and broad programming models, including lightweight options for web deployments.
• Deploy and manage applications and services without the constraint of time, location or device type.
• Includes the Liberty profile a dynamic web application server profile.
• Enhance security and control using integrated management and administrative tools.